My name is Emma, and I absolutely love gardening! I am based in a village in North Norfolk and offer gardening services in the region.
I am happy to undertake most jobs from simple maintenance to complete garden design. For larger projects I work with a small team of associate gardeners and contractors.
I usually charge by the hour for regular maintenance work. For one off projects I provide a written quotation with a set price. My pricing is within recommendations from the Gardeners Guild and the Professional Gardeners’ Guild for self employed, qualified gardeners (see links). Pricing varies in accordance with distance/difficulty etc.
I am fully insured (£5 million Public Liability, £10 million Employers Liability) and have a waste carriers license (charges apply). I am a member of the Royal Horticultural Society and the “Gardeners Guild“. I am registered with the APHA (Animal and Plant Health Authority) as professionally involved in planting, producing, breeding, moving, storing, dispatching and processing plants/plant products.
I have completed the RHS Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Plant Growth, Propagation and Development (Royal Botanic Gardens of Edinburgh). This included the following exams:
- Plant classification, structure and function (Commendation)
- Maintaining plant health (Commendation)
- Understanding plant propagation (Commendation)
- Plant nutrition and the root environment
I have also completed the RHS Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Garden Planning, Establishment and Maintenance. This included:
- Understanding garden features, plant selection and planning (Commendation)
- Understanding the choice, establishment and maintenance of garden plants and lawns (Commendation)
- Understanding the production of outdoor vegetables and fruit (Commendation)
- Understanding protected environments and their use in plant cultivation (Commendation)
As my education continues, I qualify for student membership of the Chartered Institute of Horticulture!