The Fakenham Gardener is now a proud member of the Gardeners Guild.
The RHS says: “The best professional organisation representing garden maintenance gardeners is The Gardeners Guild who require gardeners to prove that they have at least 1 horticultural qualification at Level 2 or above before being accepted as a member”.
Why use a member of The Gardeners Guild?
1. Gardeners must prove that they have at least one horticultural qualification at Level 2 or above before being accepted as a member.
– To achieve a qualification in their chosen field of horticulture (or horticultural related specialism) the gardener has received training, an assessment and has had their identification checked.
2. A good gardener should be easy to contact. You can find a Fakenham Gardener by searching the Member Register – a free to use online directory of qualified gardeners.
3. The Member Register is actively managed and membership is renewed annually. The Gardeners Guild is not a consumer organisation but is committed to quality through careful membership selection and ongoing refining of its members.
4. They have arranged for members to have access to affordable Public Liability Insurance.
5. They provide members with regular legislation updates.
6. They provide members with document templates to help them comply with the law.
7. They provide members with access to a Health and Safety advice line.
8. They provide members with access to a legal advice line.
9. They also arrange member surveys and manage an online forum where members can share best practice and plant care tips.
10. They also promote and encourage attendance on skills training courses such as rose pruning, fruit tree pruning etc.